Emergency appointments: These appointments are available on the day and are for emergencies that cannot wait until a routine appointment. To book an emergency appointment in the morning session you must call at 8:00am. To book an afternoon emergency appointment please call at 2:00pm. Please note that these appointments are not for the signing of forms, non-urgent referrals or repeat prescriptions.
This service offers you quick access to your GP practice, where they know you and have your full medical record. We recommend this service instead of going to A&E at the hospital
- Phone the surgery and explain to reception that you have an urgent problem
- Reception can then put you on the Duty Doctor list
- The Duty Doctor will ring you back within 2 hours
- The Duty Doctor will decide with you what you need, which could be:
- Advice over the phone
- An appointment at the surgery
- A home visit if you are really not well
- A referral to another service
If you can’t keep your appointment, no longer need it or want to rearrange it, please let us know as soon as possible, so that we can make your time slot available to other patient.